Followers

Friday 3 January 2014

Victorian Lampost

I will always love making cards but it's nice to ring the changes , stops me getting bored and losing my creativity , so I bought a cutting machine , the new small silhouette portrait . It's all linked to the computer . no dies , no cartridges ....the sky's the limit...and I love it ....wish I'd bought one years ago and saved a fortune on dies and punches , not to mention all the room and mess saved.

My show for today is a 3d model made from a svg cutting file called Winter wishes, it's part of a set of Christmas things , I made the card but that's on someone's mantel piece now. It wasn't hard to make but you do need a bit of patience with the base when it comes to the final panel.
Where the glass would be I've used vellum , I placed a battery powered candle inside , that flickers , I've taken a picture in a dark cupboard to show you the effect. It looked lovely in my front room at night.
The card cost about 50p , the sentiment /sign was part of a sticker set from Hobby Craft , as was the holly berry trimmings , I found them in a basket at the store fallen off some decoration , asked the price and the lady said just pop them in your bag , no charge..... so it was cheap to make and I still have it for next Christmas.


challenges entered :
Sparkles Christmas challenge : more than one fold (lots here)
craft your passion : some thing new ( made using my new silhouette machine )
papercrafting journey :  It's Christmas Time
The squirrel and the fox : anything goes


Well Happy New Year to you all , this past one has had  it's ups and downs for us but we need to be positive.
I have lots to show you that I've made with my new toy  and all that blogging I missed , but the kitchen is finished bar a bit of painting and I'm finally getting into a routine without the house full of builders.

Happy Crafting . janex

7 comments:

Beryl said...

Oh they are brilliant Jane. Love the fact that you put the little light inside too.
Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Beryl xx

Finding Joy in the Ordinary said...

That's so nifty to go totally 3-D on it! TFS!

Lorraine said...

This looks brilliant Jane.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Jane, it sounds like you have been having fun with your silhouette.
I bet you are so pleased to be rid of the builders and to get your house back.
Wishing you all the best for 2014.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant project.It looks fantastic especially all lit up :)Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Mary said...

Wow....A beautiful Christmas decoration. And it surely is more than one fold.

Jo said...

Oh, that's just fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas Challenges, hope to see you next time!
hugs Jo x