Followers

Saturday 8 September 2012

Gone Fishin



I've decided to make a few men's cards, I like making them and they are nice to have waiting for when needed. This lili of the valley stamp, with the little boy fishing called boys fishing ,is a great stamp because we all know a bloke that fishes . The sentiment is from a real old See D stamp set called fish tales. The fabulous embellishment,fish and net , is part of a topper set from Hobby craft. They have a new range of topper sets,good quality and only cost £1 , I bought several and will buy more!
The papers are We R Memory Keepers , travel light 6x6 pad. The ribbon is from my stash. I've coloured with promarkers and edged with brown chalk ink.

challenges entered :

sweet sketch wednesday : followed the sketch
Simon says : put a stamp on it (use a stamped image )

I've not felt too well lately and my Husband has been off work,so that accounts for my lack of blogging. I have made several cards and I'll post them at a later date. Just got a new Joanna Sheen cd rom, Faye Whittaker collection, I've wanted this for some time and as it's reduced this month I treated myself. The images are delightful.
Going to Ness Gardens, Wirral, today with my Mum, lots of well known gardeners from TV and radio will be there to answer questions. The gardens there are beautiful and there will be plants for sale. It's early morning and the sun is shining a pleasant day in the offing I think.
Hope you have a good day too. janex

20 comments:

Beryl said...

Lovely fishing image and a great card Jane. Hope you are feeling better soon and have a fab day at Ness.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and the colours are fabulous.
Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly, I hope you are on the mend now

Sue

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Jane,love the fab image.xxx

brenda said...

Isn't he a sweet image Jane and what perfect embellishments is added your card.

Have a lovely weekend and hope we all get some of the sunshine they forecast.

B x

Sally Dube said...

Oh how sweet!! I have that stamp but haven't used it yet... I might just be coloring him up later today!!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you Jane - Sally SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable. This is an image I have wanted to us and now I have to have it. You have really made it come to life. I love the added fish net and fish. How cute!!! thanks so much for sharing your adorable card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

Just a darling card! So cute. Love your adorable embellishments. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon. I'm so glad you shared this creation with us because it's adorable! A sweet image, colored so wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous. I love this stamp and the colours look great.
Hope you're feeling much better now.
Have a good weekend.
Lorraine x

Jeannie said...

What a perfect guy card! He is so cute and all of your embellishments are so fun! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

MagsB said...

Another fab card, Jane! I love the little fisher boy!

I hope you've had an excellent day, with lots of lovely sunshine!

love Mags B x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is so sweet, i love the little embellies .. they are perfect
Sorry i haven't been around much - but hopefully normal service is now resumed lol
Lisa x

Kathie said...

Oh Jane what a cute card, I just love this LOTV image and your wonderful colours, design papers and your little fish and net is the most perfect finishing touch to your card. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Pia S said...

What a great male card! Love the little boy fishing, and you've colored him beautifully. Fab gingham paper and a well decorated card!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Jane that is one cute image he does look so contented sitting there fishing, the colours and design are perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Arlana 11426 said...

You card is so sweet. I love the fisherman boy. Your added fishing embellishments make it the sweetest.!!! Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Joanna M. said...

I love your LOTV stamp and your embellishment is PERFECT! Thanks for sharing your art over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
~Jo, SSW-DT

Lisa Carroll said...

What an adorable card! That is such a precious image, and you colored it perfectly. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Put a STAMP On It!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Sharon Basel said...

What a cute card! I love how you've done the sentiment - it's perfect and adds such interest to the card. And your net embellishment is so fun. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, LOTV images are always the sweetest. SSW DT Helen xx