Followers

Saturday 28 July 2012

The Honey Snatcher



Morning crafting friends, bit cooler here on the Wirral,but the sky is blue so the day looks promising. My craft room has been like a little oven,big window and a lap top that's like a small heater.
Thought I'd make a nice bright card,so cheerful, and hopefully it will raise a smile. My stamps are all from House Mouse and Friends ,Gruffies "ride of your life" set from Joanna Sheen.
I've coloured with copic and pro markers. The sky and bee paper is from Messy Rabbit cd rom. The other scraps of paper with honey combs are echo park,country drive collection.The yellow background paper is bazil basics.

Challenges entered :

craft punked : speed demon (some kind of transport)
totally papercraft: orange and yellow
House Mouse and Friends : summer fun (3rd entry)
simon says : anything goes


Alphabet challenge : M for Men only
Secret crafter : bright and cheerful

Did you watch the opening of the Olympics, not sure if I liked it , a bit strange. All the time I'm thinking how much has that cost in this time of cut backs and recession. My son is 18 and has never been to London, last time I went I was just pregnant with him,to us Northerners it seems a long way away and a whole different way of life. The BBC is trying to make out it's for everyone, where ever you live (the power of TV). A man my husband works with enquired about a deal at the travel agents...1 night in London B&B, 1 visit to the games , transport there from Chester and back ,for him and his young daughter...£800 ...yes he gave that a miss!

have a great weekend. janex

16 comments:

s4rah said...

Lovely summery card Jane, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Beryl said...

Super card Jane - love the sentiment too. What a fab image.
I must be about the only one who didn't watch the opening ceremony. I decided to catch up on programmes I'd recorded and as each one finished I flipped over to the ceremony. Not being impressed I carried on watching recordings. I'm thinking they'll be showing the best bits on the news so will catch it then. I'm not unpatriotic at all - just didn't want to be glued to the TV into the early hours in case I missed something good. Have a great weekend.
Beryl xx

Doreen said...

This is Gorgeous,fabulous image...lovely colours and design.xxx

carol said...

ooh gorgeous card, super image, thanks for playing along with us at TPC x carol

Lesley said...

Great card, I love Gruffies! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Men Only' challenge xx

Paula said...

Fab card! Love your colours! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous summery card. Love the image and fab colours.
Lorraine x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card good luck with the HMFMC124**
Happy crafting Ginny ♥

Donna Hanley said...

Love the sentiment with the image. Great card.

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous card, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already joined me for my celebrations :)

downrightcrafty said...

oops forgot to say, thank you for joining us for this fort nights House Mouse Challenge and hope you will join us for the next challenge too
Hugs Kate x

Natascha said...

Wow, so cute. Love your creation with the matching papers. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs, Natascha

Heather said...

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with both the Simon Says Stamp challenge. and House Mouse and friends.

CraftyNess said...

I love the image and your layout is great too - thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week

Cazro said...

A super cute image, any honey would love to receive. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Unknown said...

This made me giggle! Great fun card.
Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week.
d xxx