Followers

Saturday 14 April 2012

Sugar Sweet Dreams on Grand National Day



Well it's a good day for the Grand National,was forecast rain,but the sun is shining here on the Wirral so I'm sure Aintree will be too. It was Grand National day when we married 25 years ago. It's the only time I have a bet. Both my horses have Bob and Post in their names ,after my hubby and his job. They are real outsiders but you never know.
I really hope all the horses and rider are ok ,they say the course is safer this year but there is a great risk with stepchasing, 2 horses died last year,very sad.
In my younger years I spent a lot of time at Haydock races, I dated the catering manager there and my friend worked behind the bar, in the mornings,if I stayed over, I would walk his bosses little jack Russell, and we would visit the race horses, they do have a lovely life and are treated as Royalty.

I'm rather pleased with my card today featuring a Penny Black stamp "sugar sweet dreams". The sentiment stamp was a bargin find by great impressions.I've used the fabulous free gift from last months quick cards, Summer Goodness, by raspberry roads.
I've used a martha stewart punch for a pretty cream lace edge and added a yummy strawberry button.

challenges entered:

The Sweet Stop
: the are carrying on their birthday celebrations, you can pick any sketch ,I've used the one above.
Penny Black & more @ allsorts : oh so cute (well easy for me,lol)
Penny Black Saturday : spots and dots
Pan Pastel : sweet treats
Timeless Tuesday : Fruit

Have a great weekend and if your having a flutter hope your lucky. janex

17 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh I didn't realise you lived on the Wirral...I used to live there,still have two sons living there.Small world...Love your card Jem the image is fabulous.xxx

Beryl said...

What a coincidence.I'm just doing a bot of blog hopping while I'm waiting for the Grand National to start. Oos - jockey just come off and it's noteven started. Hope they catch the horse and AP can get back up.
Gorgeous card - love those papers and the image.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

aww, this is so cute and very pretty! i love the strawberry paper, the beautifully coloured image and the strawberry button is perfect. thank you for playing along with our oh so cute theme this month at penny black and more.
linda

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie and i loved those papers so much, i too bought the magazine, Luv Sam x

Jules said...

Hi Jane

Loving your cute card.

Those papers are just perfect alongside that PB image aren't they!

Thanks for your message the other day. Yes, I am watching The Apprentice .. .. love that programme. No favourite for me at the moment.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

This is really pretty Jane, evokes a real feel of lovely summer days.

Thanks you so much for joining our Oh so Cute theme at Penny Black and More and good luck with all the prize draws.

B x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Jane. Love the darling image and the colors. The papers are so pretty and I also love the doodles. Thank you for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week.

Beate said...

Jane, your card is adorable!
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Kath Stewart said...

such a sweet card jane..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

darcy48 said...

What a lovely card love the colours you have used and love the papers hugs Arlinex

susiestacey said...

Beautiful cute card love the PB stamp, thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Shelby Goolsby said...

Oh my this is just the sweetest!! I love your coloring and such perfect papers. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

Mrs Wonka said...

What a beautiful card, I love this image!

Mrs Wonka x (Zoe)

Chrissy D said...

Love the papers and strawberries. Such a CUTE image too! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch this week! We hope you will join us again!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Such a beautiful card, Jane. I love that punch border and sweet strawberry button!!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Sweet Stop!!
Hugs,
Wendy

Beth said...

Ooh such a beautiful card! I love the strawberry paper - perfect for these little mice! Thanks for joining in with last weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge! (I'm a bit behind!)

Love Beth xx

Tracy said...

A totally Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x