Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

Moments In Time Howzat and a Grand Visitor


We had a visitor yesterday "Grandma", well she is my husband Grandma,and a very special lady at the grand old age of 98. Her memory is very short term but her health is ok,she can walk with a stick,even got up our stairs for the loo ,looked around the house and gazed at the garden through the french doors. She loved my dolls house and all the furniture and dolls within. My naughty white poodle jumped on her knee ,even though we had put cushions over her legs . She left with a kiss,a smile and 2 of my freshly baked chocolate chip and cherry muffins.Not bad for someone who is Mother to 3,Grandmother to 9, Great Grandmother to 16, and Great great Grandmother to 3.

Oh another wet and cold day,I'm sick of this now,can't even cut the grass ,oh well least there's crafting.
This stamp "Howzat" by flower soft,was one of 2 I bought half price in Llangollan,the other is the football one,man of the match.I've kept this card simple ,is this becoming a habit, probably not,just stamps and colouring and a stop of doodling.
By the way ,if your interested Howzat is a cricket term , put simply it means how's that as said to the umpire.

challenges entered:

Totally gorjuss : boys toys
everybody art: card for a man
dream valley : Earth tones
Stamptacular Sunday : free choice

happy crafting.janex

9 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous .xxx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow Grandma sounds amazing, im sick of this wet stuff the weeds are growing ten fold with sun n rain!
Fabulous card, luv the image, fabulous colouring, sue,x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh bless Grandma - she sounds a lovely lady .
Love this CAS card - the image is just delightful
Lisa x

Hazel said...

Fab card jane love the cas look.

See you soon

Hazel x

Beryl said...

That's such a great image it doesn't need bp's etc to back it up. Super card.
Grandma sounds an amazing lady.
Beryl xx

Heather said...

That is absolutely brilliant Jane, I love the CAS and that is perfect!!!
"Grandma" is amazing - I was going to say I hoped and looked good at that age - I don't think I look so good as yet!!!

Thanks for joining us at the Everbody Art Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, fab card with a lovely image.

Grandma sounds like a wonderful lady!

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Dream Valley.

Sarah

Hazel said...

HI Jane

I do love this card - cas is just one of my faves!

Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you Will Be Able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

Toodle pip

Hazel x

sara said...

great card thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x x