Followers

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Beatrix Potter cute creatures and Fabric Heart




I've always loved the stories and illustrations of Beatrix Potter, I thought ages ago they would make lovely stamps, so I do of course have some in my stamp collection. I loved the film "Miss Potter",wonderfully set in the gorgeous Lake District.
These 2 stamps are clear stamps from Crafters Companion,priced at £2 each ,I think they are excellent value,and they stamp beautifully.
I've coloured with my markers and added chipboard swirls,a blingy bow and brown gems. The flower edge punch is a Martha Stewart .

Challenges entered

My Mums Craft Shop : favourite song/movie (mines Miss Potter)
Crazy Challenge : Movie Inspired ( Miss Potter)
Cupcake Craft : in at the deep end , create some depth (I've used sticky pads to raise the images,chipboard shapes,a bow and gems)
totally gorjuss : bling

Diva's by design : anything but a card.
I have a bit of a thing for hearts around the home and I have made and bought quite a few,that are adorning various rooms in the house. This one is in the dining room hanging on my beloved oak dresser. Its made of printed cotton ,with a lovely fruit design,bought as a fat quarter. I drew a simple heart shape,stuffed with soft filling,machine stitched and added a twine hanger ,a strawberry button and some green ric rac.

I've been busy baking today, 12 ham and cheese muffins,they look lovely and a batch of fruit biscuits . The house smells yummy. I hope my hubby and son like them and eat them quickly,they are naturally skinny where as I have to be more prudent,though I do love my food.

happy card making,sewing, baking or what ever's your thing. janex

17 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous projects.xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Jane; I do have a soft spot for Beatrix Potter. Gorgeous colours.

Your heart is beautiful! You sound like a domestic goddess today, lol! Move over Kirsty Allsop!
xx

pinky said...

You been so busy while I've been busy Jane! Love your gorgeous card and what a bargain with the stamps. Your little heart is just adorable, pure country chic! Never ever tasted anything other than sweet muffins, they sound tasty. Bet they have been gobbled already lol.

Sue said...

Hi hun
adorable card, awesome colouring on these cuties, fabulous little heart, oh you made my tummy rumble reading what you have been cooking, sue,x

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love all your makes today and would have loved to have seen pics of the baking! those muffins sound scrumptious.
The card is so cute .. the images are just timeless and the little heart is so pretty
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jane these are two fabulous creations, I love the card so much those images look so lovely, that heart is wonderful, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Beryl said...

Cute card. Those stamps certsinly seem good value. Didn't know Crafters Companion did clear stamps. The heart is lovely.Looks like you can turn your hand to anything. Are there any muffins left this evening. I bet they didn't last long.
Beryl xx

MagsB said...

I have a passion for Benjamin Bunny (as a kid my rabbit was Benjamin!) Fabulous work!

If you're ever in the Lake District, Beatrice Potter's house is well worth a visit!

love Mags B x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just fabulous hugs Pops x

Unknown said...

Awww...Such a sweet and adorable card!! Just love the images! Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Shelly said...

Great card, I love Beatrix Potter! Love your heart too! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

Anita said...

What a gorgeous heart for a decoration! Thank you for joining the Divas challenge this week.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jane, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute images and pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mila said...

Beautiful card!! Love how you colored the images!
Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge !
Hugs Mila

Andie's Space said...

Hi Jane,
These look fabulous. The Beatrix Potter images are gorgeous & I love the fabric heart. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card - love the images x
Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS challenges & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Becky said...

Gorgeous card, I've got some of Beatrix potters stamps in my collection too. We actually went to her house in the lakes last year, it was magical
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
My Mums Craft Shop
Hugs, Becky x