Followers

Monday 5 May 2014

Elegant Art Deco in black and white

I'm afraid I chickened out of white on white by adding some black , but I like the way it turned out , how about you?
The background paper , simple white card was embossed with a Die'sire Rose Garden embossing folder , I highlighted some of the roses with a quicky glue pen and glamour dust , takes forever but the extra bling is worth it.
The fancy oval is a spellbinder die embossed in a cuttle bug folder.
The romantic pair are Deco couple by tattered lace dies.
The leaves , I wanted these badly , got them from ebay with free p&p, are Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves die.
I added a pearl buckle , a black silk ribbon and a piece of pretty white lace from a local sewing shop.
I know a couple who will be celebrating their pearl wedding anniversary this year , think this will fit the bill!

challenges entered :
My time to craft : Art Deco
The paper shelter : use ribbon
everybody art : love
Dream valley : anything goes
Die cutting Divas : girly

Early morning here the sun is shinning , blue sky , looks promising for our walk on the Wirral.
Have a great day and happy crafting. janex

10 comments:

Cards By MI said...

A very Lovely looking card. Love your fabby use of all the embossing and the bold black ribbon to all the White. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,lovely design and colours.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Very elegant, very beautiful I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Cazro said...

Stunning, a combination made in heaven, Black and white and Art Deco, gorgeous. I love your die cut and main image. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Jane, I love your embossed and die cut details. Your little splash of black contrast is perfect, a very elegant card.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, such a fantastic design of black and white, embossed and die cut details. I like this design so much I think you should do a complete white on white version as well...

Jules said...

Hi Jane

This is stunning!!!

I love the embossed rose background very much.

Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Love Jules xx

Vannessa said...

Wow this is just such a beautiful and elegant card. Thank you for joining in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
TPS DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so elegant love it with the black and white, Thanks for playing on My Time to Craft, Hazel (Didos) xx

melsanford said...

A gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes!" challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx