Followers

Saturday 15 February 2014

decorated box blank , vintage blue with flowers .







I love decorating boxes , they can look stunning and yet are no harder than making a card . I made a few for Christmas gifts for family members and one for us too. My Mum in law loved her's and has asked me to make one for her cousins birthday . The cousin is a very crafty lady too , she sews the most beautiful quilts and cushions , I know she will appreciate a handmade item but the pressure was on to decorate a box fit for a crafter's scrutiny .
I  was given the brief of a pretty blue box suitable for a bedroom. The mdf boxes I buy from my local craft/garden center , this one was the medium size in a set of 3 which cost £3.99 , not bad hey!
The paper I've had for years is from a K&Co pad  called blue awning. I used it to cover the box using tacky pva glue , and also punched and die cut it (using the die and punches pictured bellow ). I love to make my own flowers and the link for the tutorial is at the top of my blog.
I've added lace from my craft box , a dove from hobby craft and some decorative sprigs from wild orchid.
I've inked the edges of the box with chalk ink , added stickles and white paint to the flowers, these I attached with collal glue. The silver watch charm was part of a set free with a craft magazine Then I sprayed the whole thing with spray & shine for extra protection and a nice look.





challenges entered :
brown sugar : use a die or punch ( I used both for my flowers )
ABC challenge  : F for flowers
pennys paper craft : monocrombe
little claires : monotone

well lots of pics but I wanted you to see the detail. Have a good weekend everyone and I hope the weather is not too terrible where you live . Wet and windy here but no floods unlike some poor people .

happy crafting. janex

13 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Such a gorgeous decorated box, love your flowers they're so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us over at ABC Challenge. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Pia S said...

It's a beautifully decorated box. I love the blue color tones of your papers and your own made flowers are gorgeous! Love how you arranged the lace too, so decorative!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous - very pretty.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is stunning Jane, a really beautiful design. I love the shades of blue and gorgeous flowers too.
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jane, I love your beautiful papers and fabulous hand made flowers - such a wonderful gift.
I think you could be asked to make a lot more of these!
Pauline
x

Beryl said...

This is fabulous Jane. Such a beautiful creation - I'd be hard put to part with it if I'd managed to make one like that.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful creation. I love it to bits. Thanks for joining in at Penny's this week.
Cheers Nicole DT

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with brown sugar Rachel DT

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

funny card Rachel dt (above) , classic case of copy and pasted comment , still least he bothered. jane x

brenda said...

Stunning work Jane and lovely the vibrancy of the blues.

B x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Little Claire.xxx

NickScrapShack said...

It's gorgeous I am sure she will love it. Great use of punch

Thank you for playing with us at Brown Sugar this week.
Nick

Mojca said...

Waw looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! MOjca