Followers

Sunday 16 September 2012

Vintage Style Christmas Cards




I had an afternoon of making Christmas cards yesterday and decided to go down the traditional/vintage route instead of my usual cute style. Must say I'm pleased with the results, these cards are very grown up for me.
I was lucky enough to win the Penny Black challenge last month, the prize was a wooden Christmas stamp called "first day of Christmas ", this features in my first card.
I've stamped in green memento ink then added red promarkers and red gems. The papers are craft creation. The lace ,ribbon and twine from hobby craft, the wooden heart button from a local craft shop. Every thing has been given the warm vintage look by using Tim Holtz distress ink , brushed corduroy and the blender tool. To tie my bows I use a glitter girls bow maker.

challenges entered :

Penny Black Sept challenge : buttons and bows
Penny Black and more at Allsorts : Early Christmas


Stamping for the weekend : starting Christmas early
My second card , is still very vintage, I used a clear stamp, part of a Christmas set by inkadinkadoo.I coloured with markers. Papers and gems as above , all inked . The holly border is a martha stewart punch and the holly button from hobby craft.

13 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards Jane.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh these are so different to your usual style - but i absolutely love them.. so home spun ... i love the little wooden heart too
Lisa x

Sue said...

These are stunning Jane. I love the images and the wonderful traditional festive colours.

Thank you, also, for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge

Sue

Shirley said...

Such beautiful and warm traditional Christmas cards Jane. Your winning stamp is perfect in the green and red colours but could also be used for other occasion cards. very versatile. Must get that one.
Thank you for joining us once again at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again soon.

Shirley

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Jane.I love the traditional style, fab colours and design too.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, I'm here at last!! These cards are GORGEOUS!! I love the vintage look to them.
xx

Shannon White said...

So Pretty and festive Jane!! Love the holly leaves borders and pretty plaid dp's too! Wonderful Christmas card! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

cotnob said...

These are lovely Jane, I love the traditional colours and fab images. The holly edges on the second one look great.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

beautiful vintage style cards! i love those bows, the lace on the first one, the punched holly borders on the second and the lovely tartan plaid. thank you so much for sharing your christmas card with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

May said...

Two Stunning vintage Christmas cards, fabulous colours & design.. Love them both!! Hugs May x x x

Mervi said...

Wow so beautiful colour combo, love these cards!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and more Challenge,
good luck for the prize draw;-))m

Linda said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. I love the vintage look. xx